Wednesday 4 June 2008

Introducing myself

I've had problems with drugs since my early teenage years, when I first started to use. I didn't recognise that I had a problem, but looking back it's quite obvious! By the age of 19 I was smoking heroin every day, and soon couldn't function without it. This led to me becoming homeless and resulted in my family relationships breaking down and a life of loneliness and pain that I wouldn't escape from until I was 28.

I've been volunteering for Wired In since 2005, and I've had the oppotunity to get involved in lots of different things, including - being interviewed by ITV News at 6 (also shown on SKY News and breakfast TV!), giving talks at university's and conferences, film work (in front & behind the camera)... the list goes on and on!

It's had an amazing effect on both my confidence and self esteem, joining Wired In was the best decision I've made in years!

No comments: